- 200ml milk
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bouquet garni*
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Black olives, prosciutto, roasted red capsicum and chargrilled bread, to serve
*A bouquet garni is a small bunch of herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaves tied with kitchen string.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Grease four 150ml-capacity.
- Place milk, garlic and bouquet garni in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 5 minutes until garlic softens. Remove from heat and strain, discarding bouquet garni.
- Place the infused milk, garlic cloves and goat’s cheese in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Beat together the eggs, egg yolks and cream in a small bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir into the garlic puree, then pour into the greased ramekins.
- Prepare a bain marie by placing a folded tea towel in the base of a medium baking dish (to provide further insulation to custards) and pour in water to halfway up the sides.
- Place ramekins in bain marie and bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Bring back to room temperature and serve with a plate of antipasti such as olives, prosciutto and chargrilled bread.