Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup
This is a great summer soup when you have an abundance of tomatoes in the garden. It is light and refreshing on a warm summer night.
- 1.2kg tomatoes, quartered
- Loaf of bread, sourdough or other crunchy bread
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place tomatoes in a small roasting pan. Drizzle over vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil. Season. Top with tarragon. Bake for 30 mins or until tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer tomatoes and juices to a large saucepan. Squeeze garlic from skins into the saucepan. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season.
- Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking tray. Drizzle over the remaining oil and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread the pesto over the hot toasts and top with the parmesan.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with extra oil and tarragon. Season with pepper. Serve with the toasts.