Roasted Garlic Aioli
I always thought that making aioli would be really difficult, but this recipe is so easy. Using eggs from my chooks and olive oil made by my neighbour, Armando, this is a fresh and tasty recipe.
- 1 garlic bulb (or two if you like it extra ‘garlicy’)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Place the garlic in an oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until soft. Allow to cool.
- Process egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper until frothy and combined.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a thin steady stream until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add lemon juice (optional) in a thin steady stream until combined.
- Remove the garlic cloves from their skin, mash and them add to the aioli.
Of course you can vary the recipe by adding fresh herbs from the garden. For example I added fresh dill from the garden when I served this with fish.