Eggplant with Garlic and Honey
This recipe showcases all that is abundant in my garden at the moment – honey, garlic, chilli, onion and eggplants. This is such a simple recipe and the eggplant is easily interchangeable with other vegetables such as zucchini. I serve mine with wild rice and quinoa but you can serve it with any grain you like. This recipe should serve two people but I usually eat it all and don’t share with anyone else.
- 2 Japanese eggplants sliced lengthways into quarters
- 2 tbl honey
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red chilli sliced for garnish, optionals
- Heat olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Place eggplant in the oil and fry until golden in colour. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add garlic to the pan and lightly fry until golden but not burnt. Add honey and soy sauce and allow the ingredients to bubble and caramelise.
- Turn off the heat and return the eggplant to the pan to be coated in the sauce.
- Serve on rice or your favourite grain with a garnish of spring onion and chilli.