Baked Garlic Prawns & Squid
This is a great weekday meal. It is quick an easy.
- 250g sourdough, crust removed and torn into chunks
- 160ml of olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic (or one head of garlic), sliced
- 100ml white wine
- 1 chilli
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 300g large raw prawns, tails intact, peeled
- 200g squid tubes
- 1/2c parsley leaves, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place bread in a baking tray, drizzle with 80ml of olive oil and season. Bake until golden, about 10mins.
- Place remaining oil in a medium oven-proof saucepan and heat over a high heat. Add garlic and chilli and fry until the garlic is golden in colour.
- Add wine, thyme, and bay leaves, salt and peper; bring to the boil.
- Add prawns, squid and parsley, scatter the croutons over, then place in the oven.
- Bake until the prawns are cooked, about 10mins. Serve with lemon wedges.